A multi-taskers dream job! Ideal account managers are agile and flexible. In this role, you’re responsible for many different types of paperwork and contributing to the overall profitability of the company through your assigned customer base. Check out the descriptions below to learn more about the job and skills you need to bring to the table.
Manages the overall sales and marketing efforts for an assigned market. The Account Manager is responsible for receiving and processing orders, inquiries, and communications to and from a specifically assigned customer to maximize revenues and gross margin dollars.
• Utilize frequent phone and face-to-face contact in a consultative sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs
• Maintain a good knowledge of company products and prices and their applications to current and potential customers to maximize sales and gross margin potential
• Receives orders to assure quick and accurate response to customers’ needs.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of plan workload, stock levels, current market, and contract process and delivery schedules to provide accurate information to the customer.
• Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of end-user applications of assigned metal products to maximize sales potential by meeting customer needs
• Requisition inventory required to maintain a consistent flow of material to the customer while meeting inventory level goals.
• Prepare usage statistics for monthly meetings.
• Advise management of all disputed items so as to maintain proper vendor and company relationships.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from 4 year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prefer experience in a flat-rolled service center environment
• Steel product knowledge desired
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office), as well as facilitation and presentation skills
We have open positions at the following branches. Click to learn more about each branch!
A career at Kloeckner promises meaningful work, competitive rewards, and an engaging workplace. We value and encourage the contributions of each employee because we believe that our team is the only reason that Kloeckner is successful. We provide extensive training, development, and professional advancement.
It’s Kloeckner’s understanding of the circular supply chain that creates one of the strongest...
The desert is full of unique sights, happenings, and history! Gem and mineral enthusiasts...
We’ve heard from a few of our leaders around the corporate office, but now...
The Kloeckner Metals website uses modern technologies. Unfortunately, your browser doesn't support those technologies.
Download the latest version of one of these browsers to experience the site: