Are you road ready? Ideal Driver candidates are constantly conscious of the load at hand, JJ Keller/MTS compliance, and DOT regulations. We also expect all of our drivers to maintain a critical sense of safety awareness in speed gauge measures and clean roadside inspections while working as part of a team to deliver customer orders. Being a driver for Kloeckner Metals is an experience you can’t find in other fleet operations. Our drivers are given fantastic benefits, hours, and earnings. Watch the short video featuring one of our own to learn a bit more about the job.
Accountable for the safe, effective, and efficient transportation of steel service center products and goods as directed by the Traffic Manager.
• Meets and maintains all requirements related to holding a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within established time limits.
• Complies with and follows all State and Federal Highway Rules and Regulations.
• Ensures the proper loading and placement of product (including weight distribution) per load prior to transport.
• Ensures each load is properly and effectively secured to transport.
• Ensures all products are adequately protected from damage (including weather conditions) during transportation.
• Ensures Fleet Equipment is inspected and in good working order prior to use and is kept clean and in good working order during use.
• Supports the use of new technology and innovative equipment that is installed in the trucks.
• Presents professional, polite, efficient image at all times to customers, co-workers, supervisors, customs, law officers, and the general public.
• Utilizes safe driving practices at all times.
• Prepare the materials for unloading at the destination point and supervise the unloading process.
• Immediately reports any problems or accidents to the Traffic Manager and appropriate Law Enforcement Officials.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED; or one to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 21 years old
• Must have CDL with proper endorsements
• Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving
• Safe driving record
• Must be able to pass DOT physical exam and drug test
• Subject to random drug and alcohol testing
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
We have open positions at the following branches. Click to learn more about each branch!
A career at Kloeckner promises meaningful work, competitive rewards, and an engaging workplace. We value and encourage the contributions of each employee because we believe that our team is the only reason that Kloeckner is successful. We provide extensive training, development, and professional advancement.
It’s Kloeckner’s understanding of the circular supply chain that creates one of the strongest...
This round of Ask Me Anything took us to Kloeckner Metals Indianapolis. We got...
It’s time to celebrate one of our veteran branches, located just outside of the...
The Kloeckner Metals website uses modern technologies. Unfortunately, your browser doesn't support those technologies.
Download the latest version of one of these browsers to experience the site: